In closing out 2011, I'm hoping to write a personal roundup post over here of the highlights from this past year in food. But you can check We Love DC for the food team's roundup of our "Best Of" list tomorrow at 11 AM. In the meantime, here's a roundup of links to all my recent(ish) posts over on We Love DC.
Mike Isabella at Graffiato
In my latest Capital Chefs-related posts:
- Takashi Ohseki of Cork - Part 1 and Part 2
- Todd Gray of Equinox and Watershed - Part 1 and Part 2
- Brent Balika of Bourbon Steaks shows me what cheese is all about
- Fall 2011 update on where chefs have been moving around. Note: I missed a big one, which was that Will Artley left Evening Star Cafe which is currently undergoing renovations. No word on where Will is headed yet...
- Blue Duck Tavern replaced Brian McBride with a new chef, Sebastien Archambault
- ZOMG I interviewed Top Chef alum Mike Isabella! And he gave me his pork belly recipe, no biggie.
Crabcake at Merroir
In other food news:
- Tune Inn on Capitol Hill reopened
- Pizzeria Paradiso celebrated its 20th birthday
- Haidar Karoum of Estadio/Proof won DCCK's Capital Food Fight
- The most recent restaurant openings and closings around town
- Casa Nonna launched its new concept and tasting menu, Tavola 12
- Chef changes, expansions and more, I still love Ripple in Cleveland Park
- I learned everything I possibly could about Rappahannock River Oysters LLC
Take a bite: www.bonappetitfoodie.com.