Want to get to know chefs around DC? Here's the latest Capital Chefs columns:
- Ris Lacoste of Ris - Part 1 and Part 2
- Fabio Trabocchi of Fiola - Part 1 and Part 2
- Ari Gejdenson of Acqua al 2 - Part 1 and Part 2
- Tony Chittum of Vermilion - Part 1 and Part 2
- Billy Klein of Cafe Saint-Ex - Part 1 and Part 2
Need some restaurant recommendations? Here are a few of the places I've been checking out in the last few months:
- Poste Moderne Brasserie
- Evening Star Cafe
- Mintwood Place (I had previously cross-posted this here)
- The We Love DC people and I put together a list of some places where you can get more than the average fried bar food.
- The Source gets a new pastry chef and new desserts
- Rasika opens a second location in West End
- Bar Pilar: Renovated and Revamped
Old News You Might Still Be Catching Up On:
- Red Apron Butchery Won a Good Food Award
- Dan Giusti, former executive chef at 1789 and now over at Noma (that is in Denmark, not the DC neighborhood), joined the ranks of DC talent to appear on Food Network's Chopped.
- Can't cook? These classes may have passed but check back at these places throughout the city for cooking classes.
- Food truck legislation still goes unresolved.
Take a bite: www.bonappetitfoodie.com.